Crashing a Project
Crashing a project means that we need to reduce the overall duration of a project.
What are the ways to crash a project?
- by adding more resources. But, when resources are added, direct cost of activity can be always increased.
- by changing the structure of the proejct.
- by changing the process (‘fast tracking’ process can be developed.)
How can we crash a project? The following steps can be taken.
- Critical activities need to be identied.
- Least expensive activities need to be selected.
- All selected areas need to be implemented in timely fashion and all related paths must be updated.
- All cost saving areas need to be detected repeatedly by taking the above 1-3 steps.
by AJPOP Consulting